Exploring the potential of Power BI. This dashboarding platform has been leading Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence in recent years. This course addresses the challenge organizations face today of identifying what data is needed to produce the information to be included on the dashboard and how to present it in order to create storytelling that allows users to understand the challenges and opportunities facing the business at a glance.
Storytelling with Data
Storytelling with Data
By attending this course, participants will be equipped with the necessary and sufficient knowledge to design the multidimensional data architectures that support data-driven organizations and build effective and efficient dashboards, capable of supporting decision making by managing and providing the necessary information at the right time and in the right format.
- Understanding the Business Intelligence & Analytics process;
- Understanding the role of analytical applications, performance monitoring of organizations, and visualization tools in the process of Information Discovery and Storytelling with Data;
- Identifying and building the key indicators of analytical applications in an organizational context;
- Designing dashboards that support the storytelling of relevant information for decision-making (in PowerBI).
Who is it for?
This course is intended for:
- Senior managers from public and private institutions who want to understand what dashboards are, as well as the challenges in building them and the opportunities they offer to create value for the business.
This intensive course is divided into two components:
- An initial introduction component to Business Intelligence, where the latest developments related to the decision support capabilities enhanced by the use of Business Intelligence & Analytics platforms and the fundamental role of dimensional data modeling for building dashboards will be presented;
- An application component, where we intend to design and build a prototype of the organization's governance dashboard, including identifying the indicators (KPIs), what information is needed to obtain them, and how they should be presented to users.
The course will be supported by the use of Microsoft Power BI technology, covering Power BI, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Mobile.
Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Business Intelligence & Analytics;
- Challenges and opportunities;
- Data models and characteristics;
- Dimensional modeling (data organization to support analysis);
- Visualization Rules.
- Introduction to the Power BI ecosystem (Power BI; Power BI Desktop; Power BI Mobile);
- Installation and implementation;
- Connections to data sources;
- Formatting Data;
- Combining Data;
- Creating Reports and Visualizations;
- Combining Reports and Visualizations in Dashboards;
- Publishing and sharing your work;
- Advanced Topics.
Discover in detail the course of Storytelling with Data.Know more